I know it’s weird for you all to be coming to a brand new place to read all my mindless blabber, but you can’t imagine how odd it is for me to sit here and type this post looking at a brand new screen after typing 676 posts looking at the old one. I think it’s going to take a little getting used to.
First off…. thank you, thank you, thank you for all the positive feedback on the new blog. I really have spent many hours of the past month trying to get everything just right before I shared it with you. Also, thanks to those of you who emailed me with issues today. I spent the day tweaking and adjusting. I enlarged the font after a few comments in regards to the itty-bitty post font. Also, I fixed the issue with my button in the previous post. Now you should be able to copy the text if you’d like to add it to your website or blog. Now, on to the new fun stuff…
In the blue bar at the top of the page…
1. blog front page – Pretty self explanatory. That blue banner never moves, so if you get lost somewhere in the blog and want to go back to the opening page, just click it.
2. want more? – Gives you a drop menu with three options…
- have a little looksy. – All the links that were on the side of my old blog, plus new ones. If you add my link to your site or blog, email me and I’ll add you to the “looksy” page… only if you’re G-rated. Maybe PG if you make me laugh really hard.
- real.life.miracle. – Grady’s story. If you haven’t read it before… it’s worth five minutes of your time. I still read it about once a week.
- what’s in my bag? – FINALLY. I have needed to do this for a year. I get emails almost daily now asking about my gear. Every single thing I use to make the images you see on this blog are listed (with handy dandy links to buy) on this page.
3. archives – this one is tricky… they are…. ARCHIVES of my old posts. Tricky.
4. find me – Gives you a drop menu with three options…
- follow me on twitter – Twitter is a social networking page (similar to Facebook or MySpace) that I update at least a few times a day by texting from my phone. If you are on Twitter you can “follow me” from this link.
- join my facebook group! – If you are a Facebook’er… that’s not a real word, but Otey and I really like adding endings on to Facebook. Yeah. We’re dorks. Facebook’er Facebook’n Facebook’ed. Dorks. Anyway… you can join my group on Facebook from this link.
- kathymccloy photography – A link to my BRAND SPANKIN’ NEW WEBSITE (that happens to be up and running now). Be sure and make your browser window as large as it will go before you check it out. Can you say big ol’ images?
5. twitter – Instant updates from that texting I was talking about. You don’t have to be a Twitter’er (I know… dork) to see this. It will constantly change every time I am Twitter’n (oh my gosh I’m a dork).
6. contact – I love this part. It’s pretty slick. If you want to send me a direct message that no one else will see, here’s where you do it. Your message drops straight into my email.
7. subscribe – Here’s where you click to subscribe to my blog. Come on… all the cool kids are doing it.
At the bottom of each post…
1. Posted in – This will be followed with some random things. These are the categories I will (starting yesterday) be labeling my posts with. Like yesterdays post was under Cooper, Grady, and Giveaways.
2. Show comments – If you want to read what other stalkers are thinking click here.
3. Leave me some love! – This is where you comment. Everyday. Because I’m not only a dork, I’m also needy.
4. Link to this post – This changes the window to just that post so that you can copy the URL to share somewhere else.
5. Tell a friend about this – You can email a friend a link to that particular post.
At the VERY bottom of the page below all the blog posts…
Way fun cute buttons that link to my other pages that no one is ever going to see because they are way at the bottom and I’m not smart enough to get them moved to somewhere else. Did that sound angry? Frustrated? Anyway, click on them every now and then just to make me feel better.
Geesh that was a a lot of info. I promise we will soon be back to or regular programming. In fact, while I was scrubbing Cooper puke from the wall this morning, just after Grady peed on me (true story), I was thinking how I have missed blogging about my glamorous life the past few days. Besides, I thought I would try to make it through at least the first week of this blog with out talking about kid poop or puke. oops.
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO THE YIPPPEEEE!!!!! POST AND LEAVE A COMMENT TO BE ENTERED TO WIN A GIFT CARD TO THE STORE OF YOUR CHOICE. ENTRIES CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT THURSDAY.